Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lesson 03 and 04!

こんばんは

Well, I was sick last week.. T_T Anyway, we learned a lot this lesson!! We learn how to create loooooooong sentences!! And we listened to JLPT4 listening test!! それは難しかったです! Even though I can catch 90% of it, haha~ XD

Well, I'll update this post.. soon.. XD

This lesson is an important lesson! It teaches us how to make really loooooooooooong sentences!! I'll try my best to revise!!

Translate this: I don't have the time to write a letter to my mum who is in America.

Step 1: Identify the nouns and the modifiers [that describe the nouns].

I don't have the time [N1] to write a letter [M1] to my mum [N2] who is in America [M2].

[M1] describes [N1]: The time is used for writing the letter.

[M2] describes [N2]: My mum is in America.

Step 2: Break them down into simpler sentences, translate, change into plain form.

― 私は時間がありません。 = 私は時間がない。 [Main topic; change into plain form is optional]
― 手紙を書きます。 = 手紙を書く。
― 私の母はアメリカにいます。 = 私の母はアメリカにいる。
― 母に手紙を書きます。 = 母に手紙を書く。

Step 3: Combine them while taking note which is the topic, which is the sub topic. In this case, the topic is "time".

― 私は______________時間がありません。

Then..

― 私は_________手紙を書く時間がありません。

And finally..

― 私はアメリカにいる母に手紙を書く時間がありません。

So to translate another simpler sentence: Please show me the photos you took when you went to Tokyo.

― 東京に行った時あなた撮った写真を見せてください。

Or another even simpler sentence: This is the camera that I bought yesterday.

― これは昨日私買ったカメラです。

☆ The bolded が is there instead of は, is because they are the sub topic of the sentence.

I hope you understand this!! 頑張ってください!!あなたならできます!自分を信じて!うん!╰(‵▼′)╯

おやすみなさい~!